Monday, November 15, 2010

Sketch #8 Simple Tables and Graphs


The information I pulled off of RWU's website included the Undergraduate Applications and Admissions percentages from 2003 to 2008. At first I struggled with transporting the information from the PDF file to Excel because I haven't had much experience with the program in past years. I began plugging in the years and categories that were going to be tested, followed by the recorded information that would express the common trend.
 
When I created my graph, the numbers traveling on the Y and X axis' were incorrect to the ones that I had plugged into the table on the corresponding side. Fortunately the bars kept their form which helped show the trend line of a clear increase in applicants and acceptance percentages in the five years recorded.

All in all the process of this exploration was very tricky because of my lacking Excel skills. The options for graphs were endless and I wanted to keep myself safe, so I chose a simple 3-D version of a bar graph that I think works visually. The increase of undergrads through a five year span is clear with the aid of the color coded table including all the recorded information.

No comments:

Post a Comment