Thursday, December 9, 2010

Multivariate Display

For my multivariate display I chose to research some information on my home town in Massachusetts and design a graph around this information that would allow for an easy understanding. The graph is shows the amount of homes sold quarterly from the years of 2005-2010 and the price that they sold for. The multivariate graphs that we were shown in class during the Great Depression were said to be "too complex", so I kept the variable number to two, hopefully allowing for a simple understanding. 
One thing that could have been introduced was color, to show a difference between the two forms of information that are being given. Maybe just a red line along the line graph could have added a pleasing design, although the bar graphs I think should be left white so ones eye is not drawn directly to them. Also, One more variable could of been included, like a population display along the top part of the chart, thus showing the population levels while house sales increased and decreased. All in all I enjoyed doing this because I found out some info about my town I didn't know and actually realized how small it is too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment