Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Affinity Map 2

I chose to create a affinity map to explore what vehicles are popular within gender guidelines. I decided to choose vehicle popularity because of the range of vehicles that we have on the market today is endless. Whether it's an SUV or sports car, people have associated certain vehicles with certain genders for a long time and i thought it would be interesting to explore my outlook on gender/vehicle relationships.

I began with a simple X/Y axis labeled by popularity and gender. I then began to make a list of all the car companies that I could think of on a separate sheet of paper, which started to compile quickly. Next I placed the list and axis' together, allowing me to arrange the companies where I thought they best fit.

When I sat back and looked at my affinity map I felt it looked a little empty but i realized I had written very small. The simplicity felt correct though because if there were too many companies squished together the point of the map would become unclear.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment